29 June 2008

So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin', help him with his load

So, my neighbor came by today to mention that while the family was out gallivanting at Mammoth Cave (pictures to come) he took one of our trash cans. We have 2 of the large ones that you roll up to the road, and we rarely, if ever fill both of them. In fact, he said, "I don't know how you do it with 2 adults and 2 kids." He laughed as he said he peeked in and noticed one little tiny bag in the bottom of each one and tomorrow is trash day. We no longer haul it up to the road every week because we don't even think it's worth the trash guy's time to dump it often. Our composting, recycling, and less BUYING stuff is paying off, and being noticed by the neighbors.
Another neighbor of ours built a compost pile right next to ours last month! We're spreading!
I also got ridiculed by family today, because I never have a good printing situation. My mom said that I was always trying to get her to print stuff out on a reused piece of junk mail or the back of notebook paper. I DO need to buy some printing paper, I know. I just always put these things off. I cracked up. They are on to me...
Also, environmental yipeee numero tres, I am not using shampoo anymore. It's been about a week or so. Mom didn't even notice! I've been using, thanks to some friend's suggestions, baking soda and vinegar. I've found some other interesting recipes, too. All upcoming..
Three cheers for mama earth baby.

No comments: