20 April 2008

And is our purpose not the same on this earth

Or Rainy Day Women, Weekend Update, and Chance Encounters..
Earth day weekend proved itself to be a glorious and appropriate celebration for one of my favorite holidays. We opted to stay close to home this year thinking it not so green of us to drive all the way to Nashvegas. We scored free trees, wildflower seeds, Stop Litter tatoos, and I happened upon an old high school acquaintance who runs the local recycling pick-up. I haven't seen this cat since like '92, and we weren't close friends, yet it does make you feel good to see familiar faces. I also, on the same day, ran into a best friend of mine from the 7th grade. It totally weirded me out man. She is cousins with my Dos Amigas business partner and friend. I have moved around so much in my life that these encounters are rare at best. To have 2 in one day is just incredible. Friday night, another old time buddy contacted via email. It's a small, small world.

No comments: