01 May 2010

High water everywhere.....

For our once a week co-op this Thursday (and at show-and-tell--- thanks for the idea girls!) we read a story about Diego Rivera, on of my favorite Mexican Artists.
I then took a copy of this full mural, Water, the origin of life, and cut it into a grid shape of 8 equal parts. Each of us painted a portion of it and then put it back together to form our own "mural."
I accidentally cut off the bottom two portions, but believe me, they were awesome.
Look closely at the top right to see a tiny girl foot print :)
Our water theme is appropriate giving our historical Spring showers today.

1 comment:

TwigandToadstool said...

I've never heard of Deigo Rivera...I do a little art lesson about famous artists, at our monthly Discovery Days...a gathering of homeschool kids from our area...I'm looking for some new ones to learn about...I'll check him out!!
Thanks
Maureen