14 December 2007

'Cause band-aid's stuck on me....

What is it with kids and band-aids? They hold this magic over kids that is unexplainable. Ollie got a little poke from a stick at school this week that his teacher put a band-aid on. This was the tiniest of scratches and he gingerly carried around his hand for a day not daring to get it wet in the bath tub or wash his hands. When we finally did make him get it wet, he had to have another one though I could have used a magnifying glass to find the scratch. He even asked as we entered the barber shop for a pre-Christmas mop chopping last night if it was a "band-aid-taking-off-shop." He seemed content when I assured him it was not, yet he did tell the stylist all about the band-aid, and he never talks to strangers. I once knew a girl whose parents used band-aids as a reward system, I think for pottying. Her mother laughed about people's public reaction to a youngster with so many injuries. Any parent could have spotted a band-aid junkie. Hey, maybe I should try wearing one the next time I am feeling blue. Maybe they ARE magic.

2 comments:

Shug said...

It must have been quite a boo-boo, because he never has wanted a band-aid before. Our little man is growing up. I hope that he feels better.

Mandy said...

R and H are obsessed with BandAids as well. R walks through the house screaming "BandAid" with her finger extended... no evidence that anything even happened to the finger.