11 December 2006

Squash and Mary Poppins


So the youngest one finally had a mouthful of something other than breast milk and oatmeal this weekend, and all went really well. I believe that he thoroughly enjoyed it. We are moving into a new age, and I can only imagine how messy life is with two eaters under 3. I used to have such a neat, clean house, and at some point, I am going to have to give it up. Most days though, I rest easier when the dry, caked squash has been scraped off the sides of the chairs at least.

Mary Poppins was on tonight, and though we don't advocate TV for the younglings, and we always mute the commercials at least, in the spirit of the holiday classics, we let the 2 year old watch about 1/4 of it. We caught the "it takes a spoonful of sugar" routine which I am going to try on my high school students tomorrow. I am planning now how I can sugar coat the reality of exams in the teanage mind.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Great looking pictures and blog. It's won't be long before Bubba can introduce Eli to his first "milky way".