14 April 2010

I can see the day coming when even your home garden

We planted peppers, tomatoes, marigolds, cucumbers, basil, and cilantro today. I didn't snap any photos because, well, it still looks like dirt, but trust me, we spent all morning outside, then walked down to a friends house to pal around. The longer I live in my neighborhood, the more I love it. Here's what I'm taking to a pot luck at the park tomorrow evening with friends:

Cucumber Alfalfa Wraps:
Mix goat cheese and avocado in the food processor. Spread on tortillas (you could make your own, but I'm not going to tomorrow.) Fill tortillas with the following "salsa" made with: cucumber, red onion, dill, and sprouts. You could add lime. Cool and enjoy. A summer hit at our home. What could I change to make it more yummy? Ideas?

No comments: