19 April 2009

She left here last early spring, is livin' there, I hear

I often think that the "New Year" would be better celebrated in the Spring, when nature itself is renewed. It is unrealistic to really start jogging or eating local in January anyway. As we shrug off the cold, grey weather and start to notice buds, dogwoods, and irises, we also make plans for summer and spring. I have read a couple of great books lately that have inspired and encouraged me to make positive changes in our health and daily routine. We already do pretty well, but I found a few resources that I am excited about:

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (the MUST read for Rutherford County this Spring)
The Omnivore's Dilemma

Avalon Acres (Our co-op)
Hatcher Farms (Our local Dairy)

A great organization:
Food Security Partners of Middle Tennessee

No comments: